09 June 2013

Hit the Trail with the Vagabond

So this next week I'm going to do something a little bit different.  Since one of the "themes" for my blog now is the sort of "wandering" nature of my playing habits, I thought I would take you with me on a little stroll through each of the games I'm playing and just talk about what a typical day's experience in those games is like for me.  Essentially I'd like to give you an idea of what each of these games offers to a "transient" player such as myself and maybe that would help you judge if those games would be a suitable "fit" for you or your playstyle.  I'm hoping to keep each post relatively short, certainly shorter than my usual "wall o' text" opinion pieces.

Tomorrow I'm going to start things off with my newest game, Marvel Heroes, and then I'm going to peek back in on The Secret World and Guild Wars 2.  I'll save RIFT and Star Wars: The Old Republic for later in the week because I've already commented on those games at length recently.  I don't know if I'll make it around to TERA this week or not.  Maybe I'll do that instead of RIFT or SW:TOR actually.  My problem with TERA is the control scheme is so different from my other games that it is hard to just "dip my toe" in it... but boy is it a gorgeous game.

Anyway, check back tomorrow when I'll be getting my superhero on.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously dislike the current trend towards "action-combat" which in TERA sometimes feels slow and "sluggish". I must admit, however, that the world does look beautiful.

    I'll be very interested in reading your opinions on Marvel Heroes.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments on topic and considerate. I reserve the right to moderate stupidity.